develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from August 2019

Re: perl6's new name?

From:
Eliza
Date:
Re: perl6's new name?
Message ID:
fb27a29c-5625-0c25-04c1-c34e702edac2@ChinaBuckets.com
Hi,

on 2019/8/13 11:52, Veesh Goldman wrote:
> All ML really happens in C++. The only advantage that python has is that
> people use it. P6 is flexible enough that I'm sure you can port
> TensorFlow using nativeCall within a month.
> Perl as a whole has a terrible image problem. People think it's just awk
> with more punctuation variables. Literally, to most people Perl is regexes.
> In my opinion, what we need is a tutorial website that ranks high on
> search engines for searches not about Perl, so that people will realize
> that Perl is very readable and very useful. But I digress.

Though I do use perl every day but just found this interesting article
from Hacknews about python you may just give a try reading.

http://cloudcache.net/PythonCoverStoryNJH_FINAL.pdf

regards,
Eliza