develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from August 2019

Re: perl6's new name?

From:
William Michels via perl6-users
Date:
Re: perl6's new name?
Message ID:
CAA99HCzZLu2gxaKc3qTNBaaLCuChyGFxdw1UuV0LVWFuLgRemw@mail.gmail.com
I've put up two name suggestions for Perl 6:

NUPERL:
www.nuperl.org    www.nuperl.com    www.nuperl.net

NEUPERL:
www.neuperl.org    www.neuperl.com    www.neuperl.net

Specifics: https://github.com/perl6/problem-solving/issues/81#issuecomment-520960546

I'm not sure why this decision has to be made now. A number of good
books just released under the "Perl 6" name, so those authors will
lose sales traction. But if a name-change is inevitable, it seems that
the 5 year anniversary of the release of Perl 6 is coming up on
Christmas Day, 2020. Why not then?

I's primary season and election season in the US, so if someone wants
to put up a Doodle-Poll, this might be fun. We can get a better idea
of how popular the names Camelia, Raku, ofun, Nuperl, Neuperl,
larrylang, Albus, Perlsix, Zeta, etc. are.... .

https://beta.doodle.com/free-poll

Otherwise, why this month? Why this week?