develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from August 2019

Re: perl6's new name?

From:
Veesh Goldman
Date:
Re: perl6's new name?
Message ID:
CAO-W_8CRrgzCkAHFyr4AdEkKgFs5ROEjjP3GgC6xBE9Evn=K2Q@mail.gmail.com
All ML really happens in C++. The only advantage that python has is that
people use it. P6 is flexible enough that I'm sure you can port TensorFlow
using nativeCall within a month.
Perl as a whole has a terrible image problem. People think it's just awk
with more punctuation variables. Literally, to most people Perl is regexes.
In my opinion, what we need is a tutorial website that ranks high on search
engines for searches not about Perl, so that people will realize that Perl
is very readable and very useful. But I digress.