develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from August 2019

Re: perl6's new name?

From:
Francis Grizzly Smit
Date:
Re: perl6's new name?
Message ID:
ec8bd598-c123-f412-7312-7197bc422b45@smit.id.au

On 13/08/2019 12:03, Eliza wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on 2019/8/13 3:17, Stephen Wilcoxon wrote:
>> Perl, on the other hand, can do anything Python can (except
>> stackless) and,
>> generally, just as easily.
>
> I don't think so specially in AI/ML field.
>
> Python can handle primitive types much better than ruby/perl can at
> the moment. And has much less of an overhead, compared to ruby where
> almost everything is a FixNum etc (perl is even worse on types), where
> Python can see the actual integer or float and calculations can run at
> close to C++ speeds.

Python handles types differently than perl6 but certainly not better,
even perl 5 only has a few deficits compared to python mostly it's just
different

--

    .~.     In my life God comes first....
    /V\         but Linux is pretty high after that :-D