develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from April 2019

RFE: compiler bug to fix

From:
ToddAndMargo via perl6-users
Date:
April 30, 2019 10:55
RFE: compiler bug to fix
Message ID:
a67025bd-e7ae-99f5-fd12-3b15341ed999@zoho.com
Dear Perl 6 Developers,

Fedora 29

$ rpm -qa rakudo*
rakudo-zef-0.7.1-1.fc29.x86_64
rakudo-0.2019.03-1.fc29.x86_64

Whether this is a bug or a Request for Enhancement,
I do not know.  I will leave that up to you.

I have moved to "selective importing of subs from modules".

      sub abc( ...) is export( :abc ) {...}

Works beautifully.

Now when you go to run your code and the compiler finds
a booboo in one of your export definitions of your
modules, it will tell you exactly what is wrong and on
what line.

Problem: it does not tell you which module.

Please fix!

Many thanks,