develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from April 2019

Naming a module that deals with the meta-object protocol

From:
Ben Davies
Date:
April 8, 2019 17:38
Subject:
Naming a module that deals with the meta-object protocol
Message ID:
BYAPR07MB51587392E14521E40A2D0FFDC32C0@BYAPR07MB5158.namprd07.prod.outlook.com
I wrote a small sum type module that subclasses
Perl6::Metamodel::SubsetHOW. I was thinking of naming it either
Type::Sum or Metamodel::SumHOW, but Type::Sum doesn't follow the style
Rakudo uses for naming MOP classes, and Metamodel::SumHOW may not be a
good name because it'd leak the module into CORE. What should I call it?