develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from February 2019

Travis-CI

From:
Fernando Santagata
Date:
February 26, 2019 10:34
Subject:
Travis-CI
Message ID:
CAJ+jyGi+FMioYqD+c4FTScJV0BcwiuTX=Aj+KFAGTnWg-v7DtQ@mail.gmail.com
Hello,

Today I stumbled upon this article:

https://blog.steve.fi/experimenting_with_github_actions.html

the first line of which is:

Recently I heared that travis-CI <https://travis-ci.org/> had been bought
> out <https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18978251>, and later that
> they'd started to fire their staff
> <https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=19218036>.

I'm not a big fan of Travis-CI's. In the past I found out that the Ubuntu
Xenial perl6 container wrongly redirect to the Precise one; I raised the
issue on their community forum, since the perl 6 language is
community-maintained, but I received no feedback so far. [¹]

Any thoughts on this topic? Is anyone going to prepare a perl6 recipe to
use with Github actions? Any other alternative to Travis-CI?

[¹] I cooked up a solution to that problem. If anyone is interested see for
example:
https://github.com/frithnanth/Perl6-Desktop-Notify-Progress/blob/master/.travis.yml
which runs in 1' 11" (
https://travis-ci.org/frithnanth/Perl6-Desktop-Notify-Progress), but needs
continuous updates, since there's no "latest" link in the Perl 6 packages
page (https://github.com/nxadm/rakudo-pkg/releases) which the script uses
to install Perl 6 in the container.
--
Fernando Santagata