develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from January 2019

filever.exe sub?

From:
ToddAndMargo via perl6-users
Date:
January 30, 2019 05:53
Subject:
filever.exe sub?
Message ID:
d363177f-eb7f-2d74-1756-2d6b474f8a8f@zoho.com
Hi All,

Windows provides a utility called filever.exe which will
tell you the revision of and exe file.  (You can also see this
through the gui with properties).

Currently I run filever.exe through Wine.  It is cumbersome,
especially since Wine floods STDERR.  I work around it.

Do we have a module for the file's version?  If so, does
it run in Linux?

If not, does anyone know where the version information is
stored in and .exe file so I can write one myself?

Many thanks,