develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from January 2019

Re: Roles are fundamentally broken?

From:
Vadim Belman
Date:
Re: Roles are fundamentally broken?
Message ID:
B0A287BA-B525-400C-96DF-20F63AB9DD68@lflat.org

> On Jan 29, 2019, at 3:43 AM, Simon Proctor <simon.proctor@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think part of the issue is that fundamentally Roles are intended to be a way of doing non inheritance based classes. So composing Roles from other Roles is an anti pattern.

But why? As I stated in my previous reply: isn't it constraining for the purpose of constraining? To me Perl was always TMTOWTDI in first place. The current approach to roles contradicts this principle.

Best regards,
Vadim Belman