develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from January 2019

Re: POD: linking to a module

From:
Vadim Belman
Date:
Re: POD: linking to a module
Message ID:
92EAB68B-6C65-4770-B752-31E32CD95B4A@lflat.org

I'm not sure if I can jump on that train yet. Lack of time forces me to focus on own project as much as possible. While I could participate in discussions about the format, github support is yet beyond my abilities.

> On Jan 16, 2019, at 4:41 PM, Ralph Mellor <ralphdjmellor@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi JJ,
> Wouldn't it be useful if Vadim commented on an appropriate GH issue?
> If so, which would that be?
> https://github.com/perl6/user-experience/issues/35 <https://github.com/perl6/user-experience/issues/35> ?
> https://github.com/perl6/Pod-To-HTML/issues/55 <https://github.com/perl6/Pod-To-HTML/issues/55> ?
> https://github.com/perl6/doc/issues/167 <https://github.com/perl6/doc/issues/167> ?
> Somewhere else?
>
> --
> raiph
>
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 1:07 AM Vadim Belman <vrurg@lflat.org <mailto:vrurg@lflat.org>> wrote:
>

>> Not to mention different module versions, on top of what you wrote.
>>
>> Ok, I would think about it. One thing comes to my mind: in Synopsis 26 (https://design.perl6.org/S26.html <https://design.perl6.org/S26.html>) there is a mention of =config directive. It can be used to define where the links must point to. Something like:
>>
>> =config github:/user/module/tree/master/docs
>>
>> I'm not sure =config is implemented right now, my money is on NYI. And still there's the problem that pod6 or pod-embedded-in-Perl6 is not rendered anywhere, I think, not even in modules.perl6.org <http://modules.perl6.org/>. Dumping someone in a page full of Pod6 source code is LTA. I mean, you can as well create a link to actual, rendered documents that you have generated somewhere.
>
> I know it is not implemented, but it might be at some point. So, perhaps it makes sense to think out a possible solution?
>
> As to the format issue – I for myself solved it for now by generating both .md and .html and writing a script which patches source PODs to point links at the right version tag on github. Perhaps, this will be the best approach for a couple of years to come.
>
> Best regards,
> Vadim Belman

Best regards,
Vadim Belman