develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from January 2019

POD: linking to a module

From:
Vadim Belman
Date:
POD: linking to a module
Message ID:
4E6465C8-EF9B-4552-A9F6-07BB13E1FB2B@lflat.org
Hello,

How do I properly write a link to a module in a POD documentation? Actually, the question is even more complex as it might be both a module and a .pod.

The documentation (https://docs.perl6.org/language/pod) isn't clear on this subject. When it comes to `L<>` docs are mostly focused on URL or intra-page links. Well, of course I can pre-generate .md and link to a github page. But hoping that at some point the modules site will gain functionality similar to metacpan and will be able to display embedded PODs as pages I'd like to keep this in mind and do things correctly from the start. Besides, by linking to github I would also have to always keep in mind updating links to have them pointing at the correct module version which might be problematic with a big number of links.

BTW, neither I found a way to generate different content for different output formats.

Best regards,
Vadim Belman