develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from October 2018

augment again

From:
Joseph Brenner
Date:
October 19, 2018 01:52
Subject:
augment again
Message ID:
CAFfgvXW_xA3uBN7Wm+cS7i6A845k0dxou1ndaP3_YVcFjDDfSg@mail.gmail.com
I've got another question about aug--yes, I know--ment.

I've got a module ides_of_augment.pm6:

  use MONKEY-TYPING;
  augment class Any {
      method hiccup {
          say "hic!";

I would've thought it could be used in the repl like this:

  perl6 -Mides_of_augment

  > (Any).hiccup
  hic!
  > my @a=< a b c d >;
  [a b c d]
  > @a.hiccup
  No such method 'hiccup' for invocant of type 'Array'. Did you mean 'hiccup'?
    in block <unit> at <unknown file> line 1

As you can see, it kind-of augments the Any class, but evidently
does it too late to (completely) change an instance of Array.

I tried a few things like "BEGIN augment" or "INIT augment"
without any luck.

Any suggestions (besides "don't do it")?