develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from October 2018

Re: zef installs not working

From:
Todd Chester via perl6-users
Date:
October 18, 2018 02:28
Re: zef installs not working
Message ID:
a11c9860-ad0d-cf25-ecc8-74614a5813e7@zoho.com

On 10/17/18 1:05 PM, Joseph Brenner wrote:
> Todd Chester wrote:
>
>> What I do is to go to the github source for the module:
>> Next I cd into the directory and install it with
>>
>>      zef install .
> Yes, that much seems to work fine.  It seems a little peculiar that I
> can search the repositories with "zef list", but not with "zef install
> <selection_from_list>".
>
> Maybe some sort of permissions issue with a LTA error message?

I have never been able to figure it out.  I basically
try the "zef install <selection_from_list>" method first.  If
that does not work, I download int.

Glad to have helped!  Usually folks are always helping me.
Nice to be the other way around for a change.