develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from October 2018

Use of the --output flag

From:
Simon Proctor
Date:
October 9, 2018 13:18
Subject:
Use of the --output flag
Message ID:
CAGwa-jgBQFWos1q4PH6tVT5e5Ld9urxozaOF0yB+xOg1zukU5A@mail.gmail.com
So... I'm working through some notes for a talk on Thursday and I am trying
to work out how the --output flag is supposed to work.

I would expect this to create a file called test and print "Hi\n" in it :

perl6 --output=test -e 'say "Hi"'

But instead I got Hi printed to the command line and an error :

Use of Nil in string context
  in any print at gen/moar/stage2/NQPCORE.setting line 850

Trying use it on a sime file (say "Hi") and it also doesn't do that.

(Note that the test file is created but it's empty).

Any ideas?

--
Simon Proctor
Cognoscite aliquid novum cotidie