develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from September 2018

Information about Perl 6 internals

From:
Fernando Santagata
Date:
September 16, 2018 12:10
Subject:
Information about Perl 6 internals
Message ID:
CAJ+jyGgzWg-qv6rGr=Z+P5HnJ5ZVsqdP-_cHFtHpUUA3DEErhQ@mail.gmail.com
Hello,

I'm developing an interface to libfftw3 (Fastest Fourier Transform in the
West).
The library provides a function to allocate SIMD-aligned memory (Single
Instruction Multiple Data), in order to maximize access speed to data.
Before I start to investigate a way to blandish a CArray into pointing to a
stretch of previously allocated memory, how does Perl 6 allocate memory?
Does it already use the SIMD alignment?

Since I'm here :-) will Perl 6 ever support a native type mirroring the
__float128 quadruple-precision type provided by gcc?

Thank you!

--
Fernando Santagata