develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from September 2018

Re: .kv ?

From:
ToddAndMargo
Date:
Re: .kv ?
Message ID:
e5753e8b-a0ec-d356-7950-3c7c556f5196@zoho.com
On 09/14/2018 02:55 PM, ToddAndMargo wrote:
> In Perl, variables are structures.  There is a bunch of house keeping
> involved.  The "my" declaration triggers this house keeping including
> where it is and all the rules to access it.  The variable is pre-salted"
> (null) very much so.  Perl is a ton easier to program in than Modula2.

Oh one of the things I had to stop doing was wondering
what was going on in the background.

For instance "my" initialized the structure and pre-salts
the guy getting it ready for you to use.  It is indeed
"initialized" but in the background or you couldn't use it.

In the foreground, best not to think about the background
and just see it as ready to go and in an initialized state.
The is the beauty of a high level language.