develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from September 2018

Re: .kv ?

From:
Todd Chester
Date:
Re: .kv ?
Message ID:
1ecb80f5-8bb8-7431-f75b-3feaa08bf329@zoho.com

On 09/14/2018 04:01 AM, Simon Proctor wrote:
> :D is a type constraint requiring an instantiated (or defined) object of
> the given type (or a subtype of it).
>
> :U is a type constraint saying you have a container specified for the
> given type that hasn't been instantiated.

Hi Simon,

Your went over my head.  What the heck is "instantiated"?

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/instantiate
verb (used with object), in·stan·ti·at·ed, in·stan·ti·at·ing.

     to provide an instance of or concrete evidence in support
     of (a theory, concept, claim, or the like).

I am not connecting the dots.

Is there a list of these guys somewhere, or are these the only two?