develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from September 2018

need p5/p6 :: help

From:
Todd Chester
Date:
September 14, 2018 10:59
Subject:
need p5/p6 :: help
Message ID:
b5df4742-c304-5747-097b-f356045e886c@zoho.com
Hi All,

I am in the process of converting a YUGE program I wrote in
Perl 5 to Perl 6.  I used "xx::yy" at lot for readability
so I could tell where something came from.

I take it "::" means something different is Perl 6 than Perl 5.

$ p6 'use lib "/home/linuxutil"; use PrintColors; PrintColors::PrintRed
"Hi\n";'

Could not find symbol '&PrintRed'
   in block <unit> at -e line 1

In p5 "PrintColors::PrintRed" means to use the routine called
"PrintRed" found in a modules called "PrintColors".

Does p6 have an equivalent?

Many thanks,