develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from September 2018

Re: Appropriate last words

From:
The Sidhekin
Date:
Re: Appropriate last words
Message ID:
CAHAeAG5=DWSxUb23qV4SFeeMdYBbvhOK88w81EqGS07A3U8V0A@mail.gmail.com
On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 10:50 PM Curt Tilmes <curt@tilmes.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 4:28 PM Parrot Raiser <1parrota@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If I understand that correctly, "die" needs to be documented as always
>> outputting the line number, and that for user-oriented messages, one
>> of the other techniques should be used.
>>

> die throws the Exception -- you can CATCH it and handle it how you like,
> including printing the message without line numbers.

  Indeed, it is not C<die> that outputs the line numbers: It is the default
exception handler.

Eirik