develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from August 2018

curious effects in debugging

From:
Theo van den Heuvel
Date:
August 16, 2018 08:40
Subject:
curious effects in debugging
Message ID:
6f79eb7e9983710fa9cafba753d1a913@heuvelhlt.nl
Hi Perl6 people,

Yesterday I moved my Perl6 project to another machine on which I had
first installed:

$
This is Rakudo Star version 2018.06 built on MoarVM version 2018.06

Both machines have Ubuntu 16.04.

Two things (related?):

1. I cannot use arrow keys (and hence line editing) while debugging. I
have Linenoise installed. I tried setting RAKUDO_LINE_EDITOR to that,
but to no avail. Why? I am aware that this could be a Linux thing. I am
a novice on that field. Anyway I get this when I use arrow up:

> ^[[A

2. The debugger reports lots of bugs like the one below, having to do
with the use of comments in grammars, although the per6 engine is fine
with it.  Why?

$
Strange text after block (missing semicolon or comma?)
at /home/theo/projects/..../create_nested_fun_count.pl6:78
------>   token ConstNum { <[0 .. 9 . ]> + }⏏ # negative values via
AddExpr
     expecting any of:
         infix