develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from July 2018

Bailador vs. Cro

From:
mimosinnet
Date:
July 9, 2018 01:01
Subject:
Bailador vs. Cro
Message ID:
20180709010134.GB10450@mimomedia
Hi all,

Appart from pure hobbyist pleasure, I use Perl for some personal web
development. I have (solely) used Mojolicious, really had fun, and
learned Perl using it. I have been for some time looking for a Perl6
framework for web development (Perl6 bewitched me), and Bailador looks
like an attractive Perl6 starting point.

While trying to build an application with Bailador, I came across with
Cro. While it looked quite complicated at the beginning, after watching
Jonathan Worthington presentation [1] Cro looks quite versatile, close
to new Perl6 features and very Promising ("anything can be put behind a
Promise, but they can also be broken"). This weekend, I have been trying
to build a simple web application with Cro [2], and it more or less
worked out (and learned a lot of Perl6).

Before investing more time in this project, I wonder if you have any
advice or suggestions on Bailador, Cro (or another framework like Hiker
[3]). Also, I would appreciate if you could point to some working
examples (like [4]  or [5] ).

Many thanks!

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CsBDnTUJ3A
[2] https://github.com/mimosinnet/Cro-Personal-Web