develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from June 2018

using run

From:
Theo van den Heuvel
Date:
June 20, 2018 15:32
Subject:
using run
Message ID:
7a69b3ca7d426e8da2df79f7a3f33fc8@heuvelhlt.nl
Hi all,

trying to make sense of the documentation on run:
https://docs.perl6.org/routine/run.
In particular the last part. I don't  understand the adverbs :out and :
err there.
Can I set it up so that the output is piped into a file directly? If so
how would I write that?

I know I could use shell for that, but I doubt that is necessary.

[On first reading I found the doc confusing because it start with a
hairy example. WHy would anyone wish to write to a file named
'>foo.txt'? How can that be the first example?]

Thanks,

--
Theo van den Heuvel