develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from June 2018

Re: a `pe4rl6 -c` error to fix

From:
Todd Chester
Date:
Re: a `pe4rl6 -c` error to fix
Message ID:
39f0f984-f113-a883-f645-7ca6648ebd61@zoho.com
On 06/19/2018 09:50 PM, Todd Chester wrote:
> Dear Perl Developers,
>
> Would you please fix this `perl6 -c` checker error?
>
> $ perl6 -v
> This is Rakudo version 2018.05 built on MoarVM version 2018.05
> implementing Perl 6.c.
>

> The checkers passes this line with Syntax OK
>
>       $ReturnStr, $CurlStatus = CurlDownloadFile $FileAddr,
> $BaseFileName, %MaxTime<'MaxTime4'>;
>

> But actually running the line throws
>
>       Useless use of $ReturnStr in sink context
>

> The checker should throw an error if the line is "useless"
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

Sorry, I forgot to include the proper syntax for that line:

      ( $ReturnStr, $CurlStatus ) = yada yada yada

Death to parenthesis!  Well, almost.

:'(