develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from June 2018

Re: Malformed UTF-8?

From:
ToddAndMargo
Date:
Re: Malformed UTF-8?
Message ID:
9e83fb1b-962c-809b-e0fb-759f6982bdc0@zoho.com
On 06/16/2018 08:37 AM, The Sidhekin wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 5:19 PM, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b@gmail.com
> <mailto:allbery.b@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Something's wrong with the data file you are reading. Perl 6 is
>     expecting UTF-8 encoding and getting something else (usually an
>     ISO-8859 encoding).
>

>    Are you sure it's a data file?  I thought I recognized that code, and
> it was handling directory entries ... ah, but it used to read ls output
> from STDIN ... right ...
>
>    Either way, the data (file or directory) has been read already,
> unless @Logs is seriously lazy.  And it has at least one entry with
> malformed UTF-8.
>
>    So, I guess a look at how @Logs is populated is in order.
>

> Eirik

Hi Eirik and Brandon,

I had mistaken the error as a "compiler" error, not
a run time error.

I will put some debugging and traps in to make sure I am
getting the proper data before running the sort.

Thank you!