develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from June 2018

Re: IO ???

From:
Xin Cheng
Date:
Re: IO ???
Message ID:
6EF2F696-E07E-4BF8-A567-58CB48366570@gmail.com
I am wondering why the IO::Path class doesn't have a "close" method. After I read from a file by

$filename.IO.lines -> $line;

Am I supposed to close the file, or it is automatically closed for me after the reading?

I tried something like

$filename.IO.close;

It is a runtime error. It seems to me that no need to close. Do I understand right? If so, why?

Regards

Xin