develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from June 2018

Re: RFE: eval documentation

From:
ToddAndMargo
Date:
Re: RFE: eval documentation
Message ID:
0d4fb20d-a2d5-db39-421e-096951d1768f@zoho.com
On 06/14/2018 10:45 AM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
> I think the message is obscure for a reason: the last thing you want is
> for someone to make an insecure module look "safe" by just dropping that
> pragma into it. You want to make them think about what they are doing.

I hate always having to ask about these things.  I feel
sometimes like I am asking others to do my homework.

One of my big issues is that I can not always tell when a word
is being used as its English meaning or its Perl meaning.
If I think it is English, it does not occur to me to look
in the documentation.