develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from June 2018

Re: EVAL?

From:
ToddAndMargo
Date:
Re: EVAL?
Message ID:
c1b5e053-ab69-2b9e-fdb7-be72327b5b55@zoho.com
On 06/13/2018 12:27 PM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
> Exactly what it says: eval is a code injection attack waiting to happen.
> If you actually need it, you get to do your own data sanitization, and
> you tell Perl 6 you did so with "use MONKEY-SEE-NO-EVAL;".

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for clarifying.  My hand up with the error message
was its wording:

        "use the MONKEY-SEE-NO-EVAL pragma to override this error"

1) I did not realize the the word "use" mean the Perl "use".
I though it meant the English usages as in go do something.

2) what the heck is a "pragma"?  Way to obscure.

Your response cleared up the misunderstanding nicely.