develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from June 2018

Re: stackoverflow vs the world (and perl6-users)

From:
Brandon Allbery
Date:
Re: stackoverflow vs the world (and perl6-users)
Message ID:
CAKFCL4X_JkcqdMHvt0RODE=BDTRnaOChzfE3HbkVnJrJxEzvsw@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 3:38 PM Brad Gilbert <b2gills@gmail.com> wrote:

> > The barrier is non-existent.
>
> I have only ever heard about speculated and imagined barriers.

This is not proof that such barriers don't exist. I hit the magic 20000
mark and lasted less than a week afterward because the rules suddenly
changed in a way that induced severe social anxiety. Again, this is not
something "fixable", not on my end.

You are not everyone. Don't assume what works for you necessarily works for
everyone. Or that there are quick and accessible workarounds for everyone.

allbery.b@gmail.com                                  ballbery@sinenomine.net