develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from June 2018

Re: stackoverflow vs the world (and perl6-users)

From:
Brad Gilbert
Date:
Re: stackoverflow vs the world (and perl6-users)
Message ID:
CAD2L-T31mmcOZye1CoYjQ=Bx6W3VnO8tjjyx2QvrJR94Gohi_Q@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 2:29 PM, The Sidhekin <sidhekin@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 9:18 PM, Brad Gilbert <b2gills@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 1:19 PM, Joseph Brenner <doomvox@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Attention conservation:  it's unlikely I'm going to say something
>> > interesting you haven't thought of already.
>> >
>> > A side-discussion that came up here: should you ask questions here, or
>> > at stackoverflow (or both here *and* at stackoverflow).
>> >
>> > I understand the argument that it's better to talk about perl in
>> > public where non-perl might see it (to help counter that "perl is
>> > dead" impression that's floating around).  Getting more involved with
>> > stackoverflow has been on my list for a long time... and yet I haven't
>> > gotten to it.  Why not?
>> >
>> > (1) The barrier at stackoverflow to a beginner is probably higher than
>> > you think it is-- it's not at all obvious what you're allowed to do
>> > and what you're not at the outset.
>>
>> The barrier is non-existent.
>

>   Your failure of imagination does not make that barrier any less real.

I have only ever heard about speculated and imagined barriers.

Note that even being blind shouldn't be a barrier, as they try hard
to make it accessible.

As long as you follow the rules, there isn't much of anything slowing you down.

Basically I don't think I need to imagine them because I have already
heard/read them.