develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from June 2018

Re: stackoverflow vs the world (and perl6-users)

From:
The Sidhekin
Date:
Re: stackoverflow vs the world (and perl6-users)
Message ID:
CAHAeAG7M5_k6yLrLmuvsX0GegG7aJaKPmFEpz45Nsh11aZEZfg@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 9:18 PM, Brad Gilbert <b2gills@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 1:19 PM, Joseph Brenner <doomvox@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Attention conservation:  it's unlikely I'm going to say something
> > interesting you haven't thought of already.
> >
> > A side-discussion that came up here: should you ask questions here, or
> > at stackoverflow (or both here *and* at stackoverflow).
> >
> > I understand the argument that it's better to talk about perl in
> > public where non-perl might see it (to help counter that "perl is
> > dead" impression that's floating around).  Getting more involved with
> > stackoverflow has been on my list for a long time... and yet I haven't
> > gotten to it.  Why not?
> >
> > (1) The barrier at stackoverflow to a beginner is probably higher than
> > you think it is-- it's not at all obvious what you're allowed to do
> > and what you're not at the outset.
>
> The barrier is non-existent.

  Your failure of imagination does not make that barrier any less real.

Eirik