develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from June 2018

Re: mixin syntax: does vs but

From:
Curt Tilmes
Date:
Re: mixin syntax: does vs but
Message ID:
CAMv20O8OCkC6VELCZTWv6gsMxvj5zuHo0AXZWbHyyLC94w_uAQ@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 12:56 PM Brandon Allbery <allbery.b@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Which doesn't change the fact that there's what amounts to an
> accessibility issue.
>
> Do you *really* want to tell some percentage of people that they must be
> willing to use the One True Web Site, or else go away because they're not
> wanted hereabouts? Because insisting all the time that "(also: ask
> questions in StackOverflow whenever possible :-) )" is doing exactly that.
>
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 12:51 PM JJ Merelo <jjmerelo@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Well, it really helps newcomers to find answers to their problems. It's
>> well indexed, and it also raises visibility of the Perl6 language.

"must be willing", "insisting", etc. is a very different type of approach
from the gentle "whenever possible" with a smiley.

No one is "insisting" or telling people they aren't wanted hereabouts.

Use StackOverflow if possible (for the reasons expressed) If not (for
whatever reason, we won't pry), use perl6-users, that's ok too.