develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from May 2018

perl6-debug-m Regex and Grammar Debugging

From:
jeanpierre.carayol
Date:
May 17, 2018 13:33
Subject:
perl6-debug-m Regex and Grammar Debugging
Message ID:
1712925363.893338171.1526509979333.JavaMail.root@zimbra48-e8.priv.proxad.net
Hi,

I'm trying to use perl6-debug-m for doing Regex and Grammar Debugging.

When I use Rakudo version 2016.10 , it's works fine. I get the behaviour which is described at https://perl6advent.wordpress.com/2012/12/05/a-perl-6-debugger/ in section "Regex and Grammar Debugging". I can easily see how the regex/grammar expressions are evaluated. This is a great help.

When I use with Rakudo version 2017.07 (I also tried with Rakudo version 2018.01), it doesn't work as expected. The perl6 debugger doesn't show anything about the regex/grammar evaluation.

I use the same perl6 program for testing. The only difference I see is the perl6 version.

Trace in Rakudo version 2017.07 (not working as I expect)

Trace in Rakudo version 2016.10 (working as I expect)

Do you have any explanation ? Is it a bug or I miss something ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best Regards,
Jean-Pierre