develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from April 2018

Is the free download for Lenz' "Perl 6 Fundamentals" legitimate?

From:
Joseph Brenner
Date:
April 29, 2018 18:29
Subject:
Is the free download for Lenz' "Perl 6 Fundamentals" legitimate?
Message ID:
CAFfgvXWB2_NfvjU67FGayyijaqqOwU=wcOKN9fchmVHpvJLWMQ@mail.gmail.com
I was just wondering if "www.world-of-digitals.com" is a
legitmate source for the Moritz Lenz book "Perl 6 Fundamentals".
They've got a PDF up available for free download:

  https://www.world-of-digitals.com/en/moritz-lenz-perl-6-fundamentals-ebook-pdf

But I also see that Apress is trying to sell an ebook version of
it, which makes me wonder if the free download is a pirated version:

  https://www.apress.com/us/book/9781484228982

But on the other hand if "world-of-digitals" is a pirate site,
I would think I'd find someone complaining about that.