develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from March 2018

Re: CPAN and p6c

From:
Tom Browder
Date:
March 23, 2018 16:27
Re: CPAN and p6c
Message ID:
CAFMGiz9WSOoi7Xo2LgBRAmJQ4XqvtEPbEYBzQwr0aqzgewUW9A@mail.gmail.com
On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 10:36 Fernando Santagata <nando.santagata@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello *,
>
> It seems that the p6c ecosystem is soon to be deprecated, so I applied for
> a PAUSE id and uploaded a new module over there.
>
> Should I upload to CPAN the modules that I contributed to p6c in the past
> or am I supposed to leave them alone because I might mess with the way the
> whole system works?

I can only speak for myself, but I first installed
my ecosystem modules into cpan and then, when all looked well, I removed
them from the ecosystem.

Best,

-Tom