develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from November 2017

Anyone want me eMail and download interface for curl?

From:
Todd Chester
Date:
November 3, 2017 07:47
Subject:
Anyone want me eMail and download interface for curl?
Message ID:
3e56b781-6095-2300-2bd3-8b08279d79e9@zoho.com
Hi All,

Without going into the reasons why, I was forced to write a
module that interfaces curl for Perl 6.  The module will

1) download a web page

2) download a file from the web and will properly follow redirects

3) will create proper eMail headers and send an eMail.  It
    will auto sense html and enter the proper content header.
    It will also handle one attachment.  It supports supports
    ssl and port 465 and 587.

It was a real "adventure" to write.  I had to learn how to
properly create eMail headers -- the thing you do not see
on your eMail.  Amongst and ton of other things.  I took
me about two months to create.  It works slick too

If anyone wants this module and helper modules, let me
know and I will attach it here with a vpaste.

I am offering this as you guys gave me a lot of help
both here and on the chat line.