develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from September 2017

Re: Need append help

From:
ToddAndMargo
Date:
Re: Need append help
Message ID:
6fb041c5-f4d0-d5fd-c5cc-e73612346e09@zoho.com
On 09/29/2017 12:43 PM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 3:36 PM, ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMargo@zoho.com
> <mailto:ToddAndMargo@zoho.com>> wrote:
>
>         This is the correct one. The warning about "useless use" here is
>         a bug
>         in rakudo. It's meant to warn for things like
>
>     Another bug.  Lucky me, again.   :'(
>
>     Thank you!
>

> Also, this is about the third time in the past 2 days that I pointed out
> something like this to you, then you hit it later and it was somehow
> something you had never seen before.
> Perhaps I should stop trying to explain things, since you aren't
> actually reading?

Hi Brandon,

Sometimes, things take a bit to sink in.  Do not misinterpret
my not understanding with my not reading.  I often "scour"
what you write me several times and many times write them
down in my keepers file.

Also, I wasn't meaning anything by the "Lucky me" remark.  I think
Perl 6 is a remarkable example of Kaisen (Constant Improvement).
I am actually marveling at the pace of development and the
conscientious nature of the the developers.  As I trip across
bugs, I am astonished at how fast the developed pounce on them
and fix them.  (Then a little annoyed at waiting for Red Hat
to catch up.)

I am currently stuck running from an Anti-Kaisen OS (Scientific Linux
7.4, a clone of Red Hat Enterprise Linux) on my main office
workstation/server.

    it

     drives

           me

             around

                   the

                      bend

And believe me, the words I use when bitching about it are
far too blue to print (no an admission that I cuss).

I sincerely appreciate all the help you have given me!