develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from September 2017

Re: user and group of a file?

From:
Brandon Allbery
Date:
Re: user and group of a file?
Message ID:
CAKFCL4WvD-mzg5Hs+zzDzx5qWTswTf1WZk71DKzaBQyit73qTA@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 2:11 AM, ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMargo@zoho.com> wrote:

> Does Perl 6 have one of those fancy subs that will tell me
> the user and group association of a file?  Or do I just
> make a system call to "ls"?

At the moment you'll have to use ls. There's an ecosystem want out for a
POSIX support module with this functionality; the core sticks to portable
operations, and user and group information is different on Windows
(notably: the ownership information is SIDs / UUIDs, and it's not so much
like Unix groups defined by its members as it is an ACL defined by logical
operations).

allbery.b@gmail.com                                  ballbery@sinenomine.net