develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from September 2017

Re: :: question

From:
ToddAndMargo
Date:
Re: :: question
Message ID:
5198c307-3266-ca67-6f78-554c55a9b98a@zoho.com
On 09/13/2017 10:57 PM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 1:48 AM, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b@gmail.com
> <mailto:allbery.b@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     If you want to use the other way, the CheckSystemDependency module
>     MUST define Which as: our sub Which ...
>     If it is not explicitly declared "our", then it is declared "my" and
>     the only way the name can be seen outside the CheckSystemDependency
>     module is for it to be exported and for your module to import it.
>
>     You cannot simply call any sub you see in a different module. If it
>     is not explicitly declared "our" then you cannot access it; it is
>     declared locally to that module and cannot be seen anywhere else.
>

> If this is still not clear, let's try an example:
>
>    pyanfar Z$ 6 'module Foo { sub a { say "nope" }; our sub b { say
> "yep" } }; Foo::b();'
>    yep
>    pyanfar Z$ 6 'module Foo { sub a { say "nope" }; our sub b { say
> "yep" } }; Foo::a();'
>    Could not find symbol '&a'
>      in block <unit> at -e line 1

Hi Brandon,

What am I doing wrong, now?

in the pm6:

9:  our sub Which (
10:    $ProgramName,    # name of the program to search for
11:    $HowToExit )     # live | die
12: is export {

in the pl6:

8:  use CheckSystemDependancy; # qw[ Which ];
36: $Found = CheckSystemDependancy::Which( $ProgramName, $HowToExit );

Error:
Could not find symbol '&Which'
   in block <unit> at ./CheckSystemDependancy.pl6 line 36