develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from September 2017

Re: lats rakudo version from rakudobrew ?

From:
Marc Chantreux
Date:
Re: lats rakudo version from rakudobrew ?
Message ID:
20170913082823.GA20779@home.u-strasbg.fr
hello,

> This is one of the gotchas of rakudobrew. It determines the version from
> the most recent release tag... but it uses git in default fetch mode, which
> only pulls the most recent tag and never updates it, so your updates will
> have the right commit hash but the wrong version from that point on. I
> typically do 'git fetch --all' (but 'git fetch --tags' is likely good
> enough for your use) in the three repos under ~/.rakudobrew/git_reference.
> (You only need to do it once; git will keep it up to date itself once it
> has been told that you want to track that.)

i did it. i also removed all the repo and artefacts to start from
scratch. yes i got a 2017.5. I have no more time to investigate so i
fallback to my old script to make things work.

thank you for helping

--
Marc Chantreux (eiro on github and freenode)
http://eiro.github.com/