develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from August 2017

Re: Suggestions on Learning Perl 6

From:
Bruce Gray
Date:
Re: Suggestions on Learning Perl 6
Message ID:
545A5E11-54FC-4394-A040-ED8C40E92E66@acm.org

> On Aug 7, 2017, at 12:39 PM, Ari King <ari.brandeis.king@gmail.com> wrote:
—snip--
> I'm particularly interested in learning about Perl 6 package and module development (i.e. code organization), ecosystem (i.e. best practice tooling and modules), and concurrency features.
—snip—

Concurrency features are under active development, but *well* worth playing with.
See “Parallelism, Concurrency, and Asynchrony in Perl 6” by Jonathan Worthington:
	https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpqnNCx7wVY

His slides contain enough detail to play with, if you prefer reading to watching:
	http://www.jnthn.net/articles.shtml

—
Hope this helps,
Bruce Gray (Util of PerlMonks)