develooper Front page | perl.perl6.users | Postings from August 2017

need lib notify sub

need lib notify sub
Message ID:
Hi All,

If you upgraded from Fedora 25 to 26, you will notice that
notify send (libnotify) stopped working.  (It works
in fresh installs of Fedora 26.)

Since I need to learn the stuff anyway, would someone
point me to an GTK::Simple example that would replace

run ( '/usr/bin/notify-send', '-u', 'normal', '-t',
       '8000', '-i', "$InfoPng", "$IAm: $NotifyStr" );

This pops up for 8 seconds and then dies on its own.
If you click anywhere is dies as well.

And I do need to learn GTK::simple.

Many thanks,

Computers are like air conditioners.