develooper Front page | perl.perl6.stdlib | Postings from May 2002

perl upgrading issues

From:
Narsimha Mogiloji
Date:
May 22, 2002 08:09
Subject:
perl upgrading issues
Message ID:
20020522150153.63881.qmail@web20404.mail.yahoo.com
Hello All,

This may be silly question !!!! anyway ...

We are using "perl5.00404" and planning to upgrade it
to "perl5.6.1". We host the web applications(cgi/perl
etc) on our servers.  Could you all please tell me
what are the major changes in between these two perl
versions which could break  applications running on
our servers. What kind of information web
owners/developers need to know regarding to perl
upgrade to run application without any
interruprion(module name changes, deprecated modules
etc.)

Thanks in adnace for your help.
Narsimha