develooper Front page | perl.perl6.stdlib | Postings from August 2001

SV: SV: Perl 6 modules plan

From:
Henrik Tougaard
Date:
August 12, 2001 03:24
SV: SV: Perl 6 modules plan
Message ID:
7B6981B6F956D31193A30008C7EBD2E6018D0DE2@stauning-exch.foa.dk

You have forgotten:
      Ingperl
      Sybperl
      Sqlperl
         and a host of other perl4-compatibilitymode modules
         (including Oraperl, and I think Msql, Mysql, Pg, Pg95, Sybase).

I hope that we forperl6 can standardise database acces on DBI - most of
the modules you list have a DBD:: modules too.

That leaves a smatering of other modules - mainly different versions
of DBM. Do we still want 10 toplevel namespaces for that?
I feel not. They should (and hope fully can) be collected in a
single toplevel namespace, preferably with a common interface (like
DBI, but for DBM variants).

--
Henrik Tougaard, Copenhagen, Denmark
"The first rule of Perl Club is, we don't talk about Perl Club"