develooper Front page | perl.perl6.stdlib | Postings from September 2000

Re: RFC 260 (v1) More modules

From:
Tom Christiansen
Date:
September 19, 2000 20:21
Re: RFC 260 (v1) More modules
Message ID:
20330.969420089@chthon

>TC> I would be opposed to any mechanism that could allow people
>TC> to have their code without its attendant documentation.

>Why?

>What if I have one or two development boxes, and two handfuls of
>production machines. I don't need documentation on the production
>boxes.

I know what each of those words mean individually, but taken together,
I can make no sense of them.

Wait.  I see now: you've asked us to endorse murdering children in
their sleep.  Same answer: I won't do it because it's evil and
wrong.  I am vehemently and vociferously opposed to software that
is installed *ANYWHERE* without documentation.  If there is no
documentation, there is no decent software, just pain-in-the-ass
crapware.

>Or what about a application that doesn't want to force the end-user to
>install perl?

Don't write your appie-app in Perl, then.

Same as with joe-random shared library that some program needs.
Dems da breaks, kid.

--tom