develooper Front page | perl.perl6.stdlib | Postings from August 2000

Re: Define consistent and standard

From:
Graham Barr
Date:
August 4, 2000 05:02
Re: Define consistent and standard
Message ID:
20000804125838.P15336@pobox.com
On Fri, Aug 04, 2000 at 05:20:33AM -0600, Tom Christiansen wrote:
> Agreed completely.  This was a complaint I heard at TPC: that the
> core modules were inharmonious in this regard, and that they thus
> needed homogenization.  It's hard to back-fit changes, so it's more
> important that naming conventions be followed when the module first
> gets wrapped into the core.

you probably heard that from me. Since I have been back I have
been studying the stdlib to see how many things are done differently.

I will be putting forward an RFC with some suggestions, some may seem
more stupid/petty than others. But hey these are only suggestions.

I will also be suggesting we document the "style" used in the core
modules.

Graham.