develooper Front page | perl.perl6.porters | Postings from May 2000

Re: Better mousetrap ^W Makefile

From:
Joshua N Pritikin
Date:
May 1, 2000 10:05
Re: Better mousetrap ^W Makefile
Message ID:
20000501130424.B2181@eq1062.wks.na.deuba.com
On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 12:29:52PM -0400, bet@rahul.net wrote:
> 2000-04-30-01:18:25 Chip Salzenberg:
> > And now for something completely different: I've asked Adam Turoff
> > to look at Cons, getting entirely away from the whole 'makefile'
> > thing.
>
> Is Cons alive?
>
> I didn't find anything on freshmeat or search.cpan.org, and when
> I went to the referenced debian site, I found a ".orig" tarball
> (sometimes I'm _REALLY_ glad I don't have anything to do with
> Debian), with file timestamps in November of 1996, with a perl
> script completely undocumented except for a usage message (no pod,
> even) and a postscript file created with Framemaker. The CHANGES
> file documents work from August 24, 1996 through November 12,
> 1996. None of this inspires confidence.
>
> I'll try and give that doc a read, but this really looks like one of
> the projects that didn't survive its initial moments.

Sheesh!

  http://www.google.com/search?q=cons&meta=lr%3D%26hl%3Den

--
"Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by stupidity."
                           via, but not speaking for Deutsche Bank