develooper Front page | perl.perl6.porters | Postings from April 2000

Re: Better mousetrap ^W Makefile

From:
John Tobey
Date:
April 29, 2000 23:13
Re: Better mousetrap ^W Makefile
Message ID:
m12ln3P-000FOoC@feynman.localnet
Chip Salzenberg wrote:
> According to Jarkko Hietaniemi:
> > ... not even to spit at the general direction of GNU
> > configure/automake [...]
>
> I shall waste none of my precious bodily fluids in so foolish an
> endeavor.  The GNU build tools are, by and large, awful.  GNU make
> is pretty good, but the rest are recycling fodder.

Acknowledged.  (Even GNU make suffers from being make.)  I only hope
we're not all saying the same thing about Cons 5 years hence.  :)

--
John Tobey, late nite hacker <jtobey@john-edwin-tobey.org>