develooper Front page | perl.perl6.porters | Postings from April 2000

Re: Topaz 0.11 is out .. and in CVS (Finally!)

From:
Chip Salzenberg
Date:
April 29, 2000 22:52
Re: Topaz 0.11 is out .. and in CVS (Finally!)
Message ID:
20000429225153.I1044@perlsupport.com
According to John Tobey:
> Actually, your way is probably better, assuming the methods can
> theoretically all work on any Aggr.

They can.  Consider pseudohashes, the base pointers of all evil:

   $a = [ \%FIELDS, 1, 2, 3 ];
   %$a = ();                    #  clear_hash()
   @$a = ();                    #  clear_array()

> "clear_hash" means "clear as a hash" and not "I'd better be a hash
> so clear me".

You've convinced me.  My way is better.  :-)
--
Chip Salzenberg              - a.k.a. -              <chip@valinux.com>