develooper Front page | perl.perl6.porters | Postings from April 2000

Re: CVS: Ugh

From:
Chip Salzenberg
Date:
April 6, 2000 17:37
Re: CVS: Ugh
Message ID:
20000406173742.F15767@perlsupport.com
According to Dan Sugalski:
> At 01:42 PM 4/5/00 -0700, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
> > I could have sworn that Perl's test suite needed to be very careful to
> > e.g. not rename a file while it's open under VMS... ?
>
> Nope. Go ahead and do what you like to a file--rename, delete, mock
> incessantly--it works. Maybe you were thinking of the windows stuff?

I'm probably conflating VMS's weird pipe handling with the open/rename
limitations of Windows and (now that I think of it) OS/2.
--
Chip Salzenberg              - a.k.a. -              <chip@valinux.com>