develooper Front page | perl.perl6.porters | Postings from April 2000

Re: CVS: Ugh

From:
Joshua N Pritikin
Date:
April 6, 2000 05:03
Re: CVS: Ugh
Message ID:
20000406080226.G13021@eq1062.wks.na.deuba.com
On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 01:46:24PM -0700, chip@valinux.com wrote:
> According to Gerd Knops:
> > What's wrong with Perforce? Not open source, but they provide free
> > FreeBSD/Linux licenses for developers of free software.
>
> Well, hm, if we could get a site license for SourceForge ... Hm,
> that's an interesting idea!

I actually begged the perforce people to talk to the people at
SourceForge.  They seemed to have the impression that SourceForge wasn't
willing to work with non-open source software.  But why can't the
developers decide?  Chip, can't you do something?

--
"May the best description of competition prevail."
          via, but not speaking for Deutsche Bank